Alco is the manufacturer of the Air Optix AQUA Contact Lenses. As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs.
Instructions on Air Optix AQUA contact lenses
Air Optix AQUA contact lenses are monthly wear soft contact lenses.
- Keep your fingernails short and smooth to avoid scratching your eye or your Air Optix AQUA contacts.
- Always wash your hands with soap and rinse carefully before handling your Alcon Air Optix AQUA contact lenses. Lenses may become contaminated if you do not wash your hands properly.
- Always handle your Alcon Air Optix Night AQUA contacts somewhere that is well-lit. clean and sterile.
- Your Air Optix AQUA monthly contact lenses may become damaged depending on how you handle them.
Checking the lenses and blister pack packaging
- Check which Air Optix AQUA monthly contacts are for the right eye and which lenses are for the left eye.
- Check if there is anything wrong with the Alcon Air Optix AQUA monthly contact lenses and blister pack packaging before opening. If there is anything wrong, for example, if there is any damage or leakage, do not open and contact the point of purchase.
Removing the blister pack packaging
- Break off the blister pack packaging of the Air Optix AQUA monthly contacts by folding down the sides.
- Remove the label, keeping a firm hold on the blister pack and the label. When doing this, be careful not to cut your hand on the blister pack or label. Also note that the Alcon Air Optix Night AQUA contacts storage solution inside the blister pack may splash upon removal of the label.
- Remove the Alcon Air Optix Night AQUA monthly contacts from the blister pack packaging by sticking the Alcon Air Optix AQUA contact lenses to the pad of your index finger. Alternatively, turn the blister pack packaging upside down and empty the lens together with the storage solution into the palm of your hand. Take care, because if you dig your nail into the lens or scrape the lens on the rim of the blister pack packaging on removal, the lens may be damaged.
Checking the Air Optix AQUA contact lenses
- Hold the edges of the Air Optix AQUA contact lenses from the side and gently move up and down to remove the liquid.
- Put the concave surface on the index finger of your dominant hand and check which is the right side and which is the wrong side of the Air Optix AQUA contacts. A lens has a right side and a wrong side.
Ensure that the Alcon Air Optix Night AQUA contacts is not inside out. Place the lens on your right index finger and verify the shape.
- Check if there is anything wrong with the Air Optix AQUA monthly contact lenses, for example, deformation, discolouration, foreign matter, damage, scratches and dirt, and do not wear the lens if there is anything wrong with it.
Inserting Air Optix AQUA contact lenses
- Put the Air Optix AQUA contact lenses onto your finger, and, with the middle finger of the same hand, pull down your lower eyelid. With the index finger of your other hand, pull up your top eyelid. If you put your finger on your eyelash line, you can open your eyes wide.
- Look in the mirror so that your cornea comes into the center of your eye. Slowly bring the Air Optix AQUA monthly contact lenses close to your eye and put it gently in place, still looking in the mirror. If you glance upwards when doing this, the lens will not be properly centered on your cornea.
- When you have placed the Air Optix AQUA monthly contacts properly on the cornea, slowly remove your index finger and then remove your fingers which had been holding your eyelids, starting with the bottom lid first and then the top lid. If you remove your fingers quickly and blink your eye shut. the lens may change position or fall out.
- Check in the mirror that the Alcon Air Optix AQUA monthly contact lenses is on top of your cornea and, covering the opposite eye with your hand, check your sight in your right and left eyes.
- Follow the same procedure to fit the Alcon Air Optix Night AQUA monthly contacts in your other eye.
Removing the Air Optix AQUA contact lenses
- Check the position of the Air Optix AQUA contact lenses in the mirror.
- Looking straight in the mirror, hold the mirror upward and look at the eye reflected in the mirror.
- With your middle finger, slowly pull your lower lid down, and with the index finger of the same hand, move the Air Optix AQUA contacts down from the cornea.
- In this position, use the pads of your thumb and index finger to gently take hold of the bottom of the Alcon Air Optix AQUA contact lenses.
To avoid scratching your eye, take care not to touch your eye directly with the tips of your fingers or your fingernails.
If you are unable to remove the Alcon Air Optix AQUA monthly contact lenses, blink several times and then try again.
Cleaning the monthly contact Lenses and cases
Caring for the contact lenses is a must when you’re wearing reusable contact lenses, and it only takes a few minutes to clean your reusable contact lenses with the appropriate solution.
- Fill each chamber of your contact lens case with fresh contact lens disinfecting solution.
- Place one lens in the clean, dry palm of your hand, and apply a few drops of your contact lens disinfecting solution. With one finger, gently rub the lens back and forth on your palm to clean the lens surfaces.
- Rinse you lens thoroughly with more of your solution, and put it into your clean contact lens case.
- Repeat this route for your other lens, close the case and leave your lenses to soak overnight.
- For cleaning contact lenses case, empty your contact lens case of the old solution. Rinse it with fresh contact lens solution. Allow contact lens container to air-dry, upside down on a clean tissue. Replace your contact lens case on a regular basis, every 3 months.
Safety usage of Air Optix AQUA contact lenses
If you have inadvertently worn a Alcon Air Optix Night AQUA monthly contacts which is damaged or otherwise faulty, or if a lens becomes damaged while you are wearing it, remove the lens immediately and consult your eye care practitioner immediately, regardless of whether you have any subjective symptoms.
Until you are used to your lenses, you may experience symptoms such as slight discomfort, slightly bloodshot eyes, unstable vision, watering eyes or itchy eyes. Symptoms vary from person to person but will gradually diminish as you become used to your lenses. However, if you experience acute symptoms or if symptoms persist, stop wearing your Air Optix AQUA contact lenses and promptly consult your eye care practitioner.